Posts Tagged ‘America’
Danny Gans, the legendary singer, comedian and entertainer, passed away in his sleep early Friday morning at his Nevada home. He was 52. The cause of his death is yet to be revealed and still unknown. He is survived by his wife, Julie, and three children, Emily, Amy and Andrew.
Danny Gans was renowned for his George Burns’ impressions. He was a great performer and a true talent. He had an amazing voice and show. Danny Gans started in 1996 with a short three-month stint at Stratosphere Hotel. This gig sparked an amazing run which saw Danny Gans perform at the Encore Theater at Steve Wynn’s Wynn Las Vegas Hotel as well as the Mirage Hotel. The Las Vegas legend was voted Las Vegas “Entertainer of the Year” for 11 consecutive years and is believed to have sold more show-tickets than Elvis Presley or the Rat Pack.
Today, those who knew him mourn the loss of a great entertainer as well as a wonderful human being and a true family-man. Despite being a legend in Las Vegas, he still had the kindest and most humble of hearts. His amazing talent ensured good, clean and first quality entertainment for families to enjoy.
Our deepest condolences. May his soul rest in peace.
Watch funny Danny Gans videos here
Swine flu pandemic in Mexico and New York…here’s everything you need to know about the Pig Virus, Symptoms and Precautions.
Posted April 25, 2009on:
The recent outbreak of the Swine flu in Mexico and U.S. has had a few alarm bells ringing with Anne Schuchat, Director of CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, stating that the American cases were found to be made up of genetic fragments from four different flu viruses and viruses with this genetic makeup had not previously been found to be circulating in humans or pigs. Reuters reported that the total number of Swine flu cases in U.S. has totaled to 8 whereas the same pandemic has claimed as many as 60 lives in Mexico. CDC has stated that they presently do not have enough info to fully assess the health threat poised by this new and unusual strain of H1N1 Swine flu.
While everyone is looking to find what they can to be prepared for the Swine flu pandemic, I’ve found a few things that would help you know more about Swine flu.
Swine Flu: Symptoms and Conditions
Swine flu is different from the common cold in a few ways and it usually comes on suddenly, causing mild to severe illness and sometimes resulting in death. Swine flu symptoms are listed below:
* High Fever
* Sore throat
* Dry cough
* Extreme tiredness
* Muscle aches
* Stuffy or runny nose
* Loss of appetite
* Stomach symptoms including vomiting and diarrhea (both adult & children)
Precautions for Swine flu
* You can not get Swine flu from eating pork or pork products as the virus can not be transmitted by food. Any pork heated to 160°F while cooking is safe to be consumed.
* Human infection with Swine flu viruses are most likely when people either come in close proximity to infected pigs, such as livestock exhibits housing pigs at fairs or in pig barns. This can be further transferred human to human through sneezing or coughing of an infected person, much like common flu.
* CDC recommends the use of oseltamivir or zanamivir for the treatment or prevention of Swine flu infection. Antiviral drugs are prescription medicines (pills, liquid or an inhaler) that fight against the flu by keeping flu viruses from reproducing in your body. For treatment, antiviral drugs work best if started soon after getting sick (within 2 days of symptoms).
* People with Swine flu virus infection should be considered potentially contagious up to 7 days from the onset of the illness. Children, especially younger children, might remain contagious for longer periods.
* As there is no vaccine available right now to protect against Swine flu, readers are urged to follow these everyday steps to protect themselves:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
For more information, visit the official CDC Website
Here is an emergency update video on Swine flu
Post Source: CDC Official Website
According to an exclusive interview given to E-Online, Miranda Tozier Robbins has said she actually is a fan of the Spice Girls and not Britney Spears. I guess Scary spice is not the scariest thing about Spice Girls anymore.
She also said that she was just trying to prepare for a documentary near Britney’s residence when she was arrested. That was why she was carrying the camera and wearing camouflage clothes. Ya sure, in that case it’d be a while till someone sees Michael Moore. He,too, must be lying hidden in poisnous weed near some celebrity’s gun-weilding ranch-house.
Anyhow, i just have one thing to say to the Spice Girls. A reunion is probably not the best idea considering the circumstances as well as the fact that Miranda still owns those camouflage outfits. Who knows, which one of the Spice Girls would be the first to hear their plants sneeze!!
Here are the ingredients Jeannie Dalton used to create hers.
1) Jeannine Dalton was born Jeannine Boger in February 1959.
2) Jeannine was Miss North Carolina USA in 1982 and her state’s representative at Miss USA the same year.
3) Jeannine is the mother of three ‘fabulous’ beauty queens (that sounds like your average American family, right?)
4) Her daughter, Kristen Dalton is in the limelight with her recent victory at the Miss USA 2009. Just like her mother, Kristen also won Miss North Carolina USA this year. That sure does her mother proud. (Wonder, how she would have fit in the family if she hadn’t won?)
5) Then Jeannine has Kenzie Dalton, who is a model and an upcoming actress. She has already chalked up appearances on television shows such as One Tree Hill. If that’s not enough for her mom to be proud, she is also engaged to Chad Michael Murray. (Well, who isn’t, right?)
6) Last but not the least; Jeannine has Julia Dalton, the youngest of three, who was Miss North Carolina Teen USA 2008 and also the second runner up at Miss Teen USA 2008. (I’d say, she’s well on her way to upkeep the Dalton legacy)
The recipe I see here is certainly one of a moral and social disaster. This is not your average American family. Does this not look like a family ‘manufacturing’ beauty queens? Do you think children deserve a childhood of vanity over innocence? Then, what stops us from doing something about it and creating more awareness. Let’s give every child a reason to smile for themselves, not for the cameras or judges.
Kristen Dalton of North Carolina was named Miss USA 2009 on Sunday night. A fine example, according to media reports, of another American girl’s dream coming true. The greatest night of her life. The greatest night in the life of Jeannie Boger…wait a sec…you don’t know who that is?? She is Kristen Dalton’s mother. Let me show you how Kristen’s family looks like…
MEET THE DALTON FAMILY…
I learnt (from Wikipedia, of course) that Kristen Dalton is the daughter of Jeannie Boger who was Miss North Carolina USA 1982. Her younger sister Julia Dalton was Miss North Carolina Teen USA 2008 and placed 2nd at Miss Teen USA 2008; the third Dalton sister Kenzie Dalton is engaged to Chad Michael Murray and also competed in the Miss North Carolina Teen USA pageant.
Does it look like an average American family to you? So, is Kristen being crowned the new Miss USA really a fairytale story or is it another alarming picture of parents adhering to America’s ideal image of beauty. Is it just another run-of-the-mill creation from the Dalton household? I fear for the girls and parents to watched Kristen on their television sets as she was crowned Miss USA 2009. How many girls would be wishing to be just like her? How many parents would be thinking of turning their innocent children into cosmetically and politically correct ‘zombies of beauty’?
BEFORE SHE BECAME THE QUEEN…
-I would have been glad if Kristen was from an average American family where physical ‘perfection’ was not the primary value to judge children. I wonder how many times she has broken down and cried for not being able to put up that ‘perfect smile’ for everyone to see? How many sleepless nights she must have spent worrying about a zit or a broken nail?
-I don’t know who runs the Dalton household but if Miss USA is a stage for America to setup an ideal for little girls, then I would make sure nobody gets to see what the other Daltons look like…because they are perfect…maybe even too perfect to be true…a beauty factory producing the absolute best in America with an impressive success rate. Kristen Dalton is the latest model, for now.
Don’t let your daughter be like her. Don’t turn your happy-but-average life turn into a never ending pursuit of ‘physical beauty’.
As we all celebrate another glorious chapter in the American beauty industry, is anyone thinking of the rest fifty girls who didn’t win? Do you think their ‘perfect’ parents would be ‘forgiving’ their daughters anytime soon? When will the manufacturing of beauty come to a rest?
The beautiful stars are for the world to rejoice but the beauty scars on daughters are without choice.
What do you think…?
Kristen Dalton photo gallery
(images courtesy of missuniverse.com, hectorjoaquin.com, photobucket(AAA1982), chicstarentertainment, misscontest, shopdazzles.com, nydailynews.com)
The Final 7 results of American Idol saw Kris Allen’s brilliant performance transforming him from a ‘cute looker’ participant to almost a second favorite to win this season’s American Idol. The bookies, namely William Hill, have Kris Allen down to 6/1 whilst Danny Gokey is 4/1 with a couple of the bookies. Even American Idol David Cook has singled out Adam Lambert and Kris Allen as his favorites this year.
Kris performed “Falling Slowly” from the soundtrack of the movie “Once”. The song was the 2007 Academy-Award winner for Best Original Song, composed by professional partners Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova.
On the results show, Kris stood with Lil Rounds, while Ryan announced one of them was in the bottom three. I felt kinda silly to feel tense ’cause i knew Lil Rounds had the worst night amongst everyone so she had to be the one to be in danger and as expected, she was. What was not expected and very surprising was Simon Cowell when he said that he did not get to comment last night but “Kris, you were brilliant”. Coming from Simon, I’m sure the weeks to come would see Kris Allen slipping past Danny Gokey to set up a finale with Adam Lambert, who i must say is worthy to win so far. I think the Season 8 heartthrob is just about to bring his best his best to the show in the coming weeks.
As expected, the Oscar winning song has become the latest craze for music lovers.It is currently at the 29th most downloaded song on iTunes. After Kris’ performance, millions of fans swarmed the internet for lyrics and details of “Falling Slowly“.
Do you think Kris has got what it takes to go all the way? Leave me your opinions below…
Posted April 17, 2009on:
Reports suggest that Miranda Tozier Robbins,alleged Britney Spears stalker, was found looking in through windows of Britney’s home in Calabasas, California. It is believed that she was in a camouflage outfit and carried a backpack and a video camera.
”]I’m still waiting to see which news channel brings us an “Exclusive interview with Miranda Tozier Robbins” before sunrise!! Sorry to sound skeptic but with her Circus tour still under wraps and her wearing shoes covering more than her shorts, i vote for Britney to go all guns blazing on her PR while poor Miranda hops between courts till she gets “Everytime” right for Simon to “get her out of jail” and into the next American Idol.So, here’s Miranda coming to court near you on June the 16th.
These publicity stunts have gone too far and are more obvious than America having accepted change..what do you think…?