Posts Tagged ‘Family’
Here are the ingredients Jeannie Dalton used to create hers.
1) Jeannine Dalton was born Jeannine Boger in February 1959.
2) Jeannine was Miss North Carolina USA in 1982 and her state’s representative at Miss USA the same year.
3) Jeannine is the mother of three ‘fabulous’ beauty queens (that sounds like your average American family, right?)
4) Her daughter, Kristen Dalton is in the limelight with her recent victory at the Miss USA 2009. Just like her mother, Kristen also won Miss North Carolina USA this year. That sure does her mother proud. (Wonder, how she would have fit in the family if she hadn’t won?)
5) Then Jeannine has Kenzie Dalton, who is a model and an upcoming actress. She has already chalked up appearances on television shows such as One Tree Hill. If that’s not enough for her mom to be proud, she is also engaged to Chad Michael Murray. (Well, who isn’t, right?)
6) Last but not the least; Jeannine has Julia Dalton, the youngest of three, who was Miss North Carolina Teen USA 2008 and also the second runner up at Miss Teen USA 2008. (I’d say, she’s well on her way to upkeep the Dalton legacy)
The recipe I see here is certainly one of a moral and social disaster. This is not your average American family. Does this not look like a family ‘manufacturing’ beauty queens? Do you think children deserve a childhood of vanity over innocence? Then, what stops us from doing something about it and creating more awareness. Let’s give every child a reason to smile for themselves, not for the cameras or judges.
Kristen Dalton of North Carolina was named Miss USA 2009 on Sunday night. A fine example, according to media reports, of another American girl’s dream coming true. The greatest night of her life. The greatest night in the life of Jeannie Boger…wait a sec…you don’t know who that is?? She is Kristen Dalton’s mother. Let me show you how Kristen’s family looks like…
MEET THE DALTON FAMILY…
I learnt (from Wikipedia, of course) that Kristen Dalton is the daughter of Jeannie Boger who was Miss North Carolina USA 1982. Her younger sister Julia Dalton was Miss North Carolina Teen USA 2008 and placed 2nd at Miss Teen USA 2008; the third Dalton sister Kenzie Dalton is engaged to Chad Michael Murray and also competed in the Miss North Carolina Teen USA pageant.
Does it look like an average American family to you? So, is Kristen being crowned the new Miss USA really a fairytale story or is it another alarming picture of parents adhering to America’s ideal image of beauty. Is it just another run-of-the-mill creation from the Dalton household? I fear for the girls and parents to watched Kristen on their television sets as she was crowned Miss USA 2009. How many girls would be wishing to be just like her? How many parents would be thinking of turning their innocent children into cosmetically and politically correct ‘zombies of beauty’?
BEFORE SHE BECAME THE QUEEN…
-I would have been glad if Kristen was from an average American family where physical ‘perfection’ was not the primary value to judge children. I wonder how many times she has broken down and cried for not being able to put up that ‘perfect smile’ for everyone to see? How many sleepless nights she must have spent worrying about a zit or a broken nail?
-I don’t know who runs the Dalton household but if Miss USA is a stage for America to setup an ideal for little girls, then I would make sure nobody gets to see what the other Daltons look like…because they are perfect…maybe even too perfect to be true…a beauty factory producing the absolute best in America with an impressive success rate. Kristen Dalton is the latest model, for now.
Don’t let your daughter be like her. Don’t turn your happy-but-average life turn into a never ending pursuit of ‘physical beauty’.
As we all celebrate another glorious chapter in the American beauty industry, is anyone thinking of the rest fifty girls who didn’t win? Do you think their ‘perfect’ parents would be ‘forgiving’ their daughters anytime soon? When will the manufacturing of beauty come to a rest?
The beautiful stars are for the world to rejoice but the beauty scars on daughters are without choice.
What do you think…?
Kristen Dalton photo gallery
(images courtesy of missuniverse.com, hectorjoaquin.com, photobucket(AAA1982), chicstarentertainment, misscontest, shopdazzles.com, nydailynews.com)