Socializing is an integral part of human behaviour. People gather to enjoy and celebrate as well as communicate news with each other. Most of the time, grand lavish parties are arranged to celebrate. Corporate meetings almost always revolve around drinks and food. Food forms the most important connecting medium and possibly the most talked about aspect too. Catering service companies are gaining popularity as they provide food to mass gatherings of people ranging from 50 people to 10,000 people in one go.
Food catering services are arranged by renowned restaurants or caterers with substantial setups including state of the art kitchens, manpower, resources etc. Catering services are available for an array of different celebrations like birthdays, corporate functions, housewarming parties, anniversaries, bridal showers, product or official openings, weddings etc. The cost and lavishness of an event is based on the budget of the client. The client is allowed to be part of the thoughtful process which ultimately concludes to be a delightful time with guests.
Varied cuisine and foods are prepared at such events. These cuisines range from Thai delights, to Mexican, Indian, Italian, French, Greek, Japanese, continental and European dishes. Some food catering service companies in UK offer efficient and reliable services for every event in various venues. Details of UK’s top Indian caterers are given on Indian-Catering.co.uk .
Food catering services usually also offer event organizing within a package or they have ties with other event management companies. These packages may include chef, cutlery, suits, marquees, bbqs and waitresses. You can have barbeque parties or even banquet, buffet, canapé, bowl food, picnic and beach events with finger foods. According to occasion and type of food different cuisines are chosen for the customer.
In Italian food, bacon, cheese, biscotti, pastas, pizzas and risottos are quite famous. There are great many starters, main courses and desserts in the Italian menu which you can try out. Besides, there are saucy Mexican, Thai and Asian food as well. Mexican food has varied flavours and colours. Lot more spices and ingredients are common in Mexican and Thai cuisine. Native ingredients are brought in by the food catering service from the food catering suppliers. These are used to make cuisines like Guacamole, Salsa, nopales, Chiles en nogada, Tamales, Mole poblano chicken, Assorted tacos, Caldo de res, etc.
Number of food catering services serves varied cuisines. Food catering service concept is quite popular in UK. Some of names known in this field include: The caterers Ltd, The flying Chef, Tastes catering, Simply catering, Penni Black catering service, etc. Few of them are business caterers. The business caterers serve at offices and business establishments. Others are event caterers. They organize parties and events. First class gourmet catering service is available at affordable prices. Greek and Japanese menu are served. Menu is mostly according to the choice of the customer. Custom made cuisines are available too.
Food catering services hire specialists and learned chefs for their business. They are an experienced group of men from varied institutes who have learned different regional cuisines and have added an extra bit of experience into it. Starting from Yorkshire puddings to Seared Sesame Tuna wasabi, luxury fish and beef pies curry and chips – You can taste a delightful number of dish and cuisines at each services. Specialist Asian, Japanese, Mexican and Californian food catering services are available as well. Indian and Asian food catering Services are the most renowned here at UK. But others have also got there own niche of customers. Most of them are serving here at Britain for over a decade.
One Indian restaurant called Indus the Indian room has recently opened in London, got good reviews from critics and is setting up its catering service company that will specialise in Indian wedding catering.
Can you believe Kobe Bryant has won the NBA finals with LA Lakers…without Shaq? Where are the skeptics now!!!
Posted June 15, 2009on:
For every Lakers fan who believed this day would come again…I applaud them. The support has always been overwhelming and never faded. The dynasty may once be dazed but today they’ve showed the world what it means to wear the purple, gold and white! None more so than Kobe Bryant who probably wanted it more than anyone else. The parade is about to begin. Here are five reasons why today’s Lakers parade is extra special:
- PHIL JACKSON – If anyone still questioned him being the greatest coach ever in NBA, well they can save their breath now. With 10 NBA titles under his belt, Phil Jackson’s ‘Zen techniques” have now taken him ahead of almost all there is to achieve as a coach in NBA.
- KOBE BRYANT – Kobe probably had to do more to win his fourth NBA title than all other three titles combined. He was labeled as a spent force at the start of the season. We all knew he could bring it..but he brought the house down, almost taking the Lakers single handedly to the title.
- BEST PLAYER – As the season progressed, all the talk was about Lebron James and if he could go all the way with the Cavaliers. When it came to play offs, the papers now talked about a dream clash between Kobe and Lebron, and if the ‘young gun’ could teach a thing or two to the ‘fading star’. Well, that never happened and the unstoppable force that is Kobe Bryant shredded the tabloids to grab his first NBA Finals MVP.
- SHAQ – Shaquille O’Neal leaving LA Lakers was once considered the death of a dynasty. That myth has been quashed now with Lakers winning the 2009 NBA title but what we would have loved to see was Shaq in a Lakers shirt dealing with Dwight Howard in the finals. The fireworks would’ve been spectacular!
- CELTICS RIVALARY – The pain every Lakers fan felt in 2008 finals must be easing now. Having to bear a season with Celtics as champions is not the best thing for Lakers fans. But today, its all behind them. They are the NBA 2009 Champions. Kobe is back to his best and the new crop of talent looked more and more promising with each passing game.
I guess every Lakers fan would have their own specail reason to celebrate the Champions…You are more than welcome to post yours. The future seems bright for LA Lakers…is the best yet to come?
Watch the best of Kobe Bryant and LA Lakers videos below and enjoy best plays of the season.
Posted June 12, 2009on:
WINDS OF CHANGE?
Fire is not always the answer. Especially when the world’s on fire already. Iran’s voter turnout has been astounding and the results are expected to be far more closer than expected before. Similiar to politics in other “third world countries”, the scenes in Iran depicts a stark contrast between two ideologies or ‘marketing capaigns’ as I’d put it.
THE SUPPORT BEHIND THEM
The moderate ex-premier Mir Hossein Mousavi is backed by the youth in major cities while fiery Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has the rural support behind him. With many expecting a close result, the international community is waiting in the wings to restore ties with Iran which have now been severed for almost three decades, with none more so willing than US President Barack Obama.
The people of Iran may chose the comparatively level-headed Mousavi to lead them to the much-needed financial stability that has been missing during Ahmadinejad’s first four year term. The nation’s nuclear drive has hampered its overall developement and the world waits for a breath of fresh air in the Iranian political scenario. Even today, all four candidates in the running are of the opinion that Iran has the right to all kinds of nuclear research although Mr Mousavi is believed to be willing to negotiate such matters with the West.
Looking at the long queues and the astonishing turnout in this year’s elections in Iran, it seems the people have come out in masses to bring a much needed change in the country’s political scenario. It seems the fire has burned too long and its time for things to cool down and settle. The results would be announced within 24 hours after voting ends but it seems this time hardliner Ahmadinejad may end up on the wrong side of a stunning upset. We wait with a hope of peace finally returning to this wonderful country.
MY VACATION IN FLORIDA
Escaping the ‘sensationalist’ blogging, I had made a resolution at the beginning of the year to take a vacation every six months. Barely got out in time for my dream Florida holidays. Even with all the glorified might of internet, my questionable geographical comprehension and some very unfriendly suggestions from my ‘not-so-dear’ friends, my dream vacation to Florida was ‘sunnier’ than expected, largely owing to a techie friend (oh, how we need the geeks) who told me about a website called zipholidays.co.uk . To tell you the truth, although we’ve got a million sites like tripadvisor and lonelyplanet to tell us about great holidays and travels but when it comes to actually booking one online, every site is a mess. Well, almost. I got these guys from Zipholidays to offer me a great deal including the airfare and a great room at Essex house. Somewhere, I couldn’t help but think there must be some hidden frills. Fortunately, my vacation turned out almost perfect.
I am never comfortable on flights. So, this one wasn’t life-changing but you do get some rather nice people on board with you. I met a lady who was going to Florida to write a piece on Love bugs in Florida. I was scared for a moment, fearing another flu epidemic on the horizon when she told me that these things weren’t harmful at all. It took me around six hours to reach Florida and I reached there in the afternoon, around 7 in the evening. Jetlag was getting to me and I was glad I had pre-booked a cab with Zipholidays guys, so I didn’t have to wait around for a ride. I barely remember getting to Essex house but the staff had a big smile on as I grabbed my keys and rushed to my room. A little creepy but nice.
The room was far beyond what I’d expected at the price I had paid on the website. I have to say this has to be one of the best hotels in the land. Value-for money, all the way. The rooms were spacious with nice décor. The staff still had a smile on their faces. They were attentive but not too pushy, just the perfect balance.
Florida is rife with stunning sights. I visited the Kennedy space centre and the tour was worth its weight in gold. What was even more fun was visiting Peanut Island. I had planned to camp there for the night but Everglades was still on the cards. Everyone had told me not to miss out on one of the most renowned national parks in U.S. I did go there but I couldn’t stay for long and had to cut my day short due to the heat.
Had a great dinner back at the hotel. Those guys really know how to please my culinary senses. Everything about the place was just perfect and I still couldn’t believe I found it on an unheard site like Zipholidays.
If any of my readers are planning their holidays to Florida, check out Zipholidays before you go through a million pages on tripadvisor or lonelyplanet. It surely is one of those gems of a website out there.
I’ve read that when Calvin Borel rode Mine That Bird past the finish line first to be the 2009 Kentucky Derby winner, it is now being considered to be one of the biggest upsets in the race’s history.The winning margin of Mine That Bird is the derby’s biggest since Assault won by eight in 1946. The payout for Calvin Borel’s victory at $103.20 to win (for $1) is the second-biggest payout in Derby history, and the largest since 1913.
I wonder, with such a huge margin of victory, why Calvin Borel and Mine That Bird were given such shoddy odds at 50 to 1? It’s as if no-one thought they deserved to win?
Well, I’m glad for the people who did have faith in Borel and his ‘Bird’…recession must sure be gone for some time, for those lucky ones!
Watch Calvin Borel’s amazing win the Kentucky Derby with Mine That Bird.
Danny Gans, the legendary singer, comedian and entertainer, passed away in his sleep early Friday morning at his Nevada home. He was 52. The cause of his death is yet to be revealed and still unknown. He is survived by his wife, Julie, and three children, Emily, Amy and Andrew.
Danny Gans was renowned for his George Burns’ impressions. He was a great performer and a true talent. He had an amazing voice and show. Danny Gans started in 1996 with a short three-month stint at Stratosphere Hotel. This gig sparked an amazing run which saw Danny Gans perform at the Encore Theater at Steve Wynn’s Wynn Las Vegas Hotel as well as the Mirage Hotel. The Las Vegas legend was voted Las Vegas “Entertainer of the Year” for 11 consecutive years and is believed to have sold more show-tickets than Elvis Presley or the Rat Pack.
Today, those who knew him mourn the loss of a great entertainer as well as a wonderful human being and a true family-man. Despite being a legend in Las Vegas, he still had the kindest and most humble of hearts. His amazing talent ensured good, clean and first quality entertainment for families to enjoy.
Our deepest condolences. May his soul rest in peace.
Watch funny Danny Gans videos here
Swine flu pandemic in Mexico and New York…here’s everything you need to know about the Pig Virus, Symptoms and Precautions.
Posted April 25, 2009on:
The recent outbreak of the Swine flu in Mexico and U.S. has had a few alarm bells ringing with Anne Schuchat, Director of CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, stating that the American cases were found to be made up of genetic fragments from four different flu viruses and viruses with this genetic makeup had not previously been found to be circulating in humans or pigs. Reuters reported that the total number of Swine flu cases in U.S. has totaled to 8 whereas the same pandemic has claimed as many as 60 lives in Mexico. CDC has stated that they presently do not have enough info to fully assess the health threat poised by this new and unusual strain of H1N1 Swine flu.
While everyone is looking to find what they can to be prepared for the Swine flu pandemic, I’ve found a few things that would help you know more about Swine flu.
Swine Flu: Symptoms and Conditions
Swine flu is different from the common cold in a few ways and it usually comes on suddenly, causing mild to severe illness and sometimes resulting in death. Swine flu symptoms are listed below:
* High Fever
* Sore throat
* Dry cough
* Extreme tiredness
* Muscle aches
* Stuffy or runny nose
* Loss of appetite
* Stomach symptoms including vomiting and diarrhea (both adult & children)
Precautions for Swine flu
* You can not get Swine flu from eating pork or pork products as the virus can not be transmitted by food. Any pork heated to 160°F while cooking is safe to be consumed.
* Human infection with Swine flu viruses are most likely when people either come in close proximity to infected pigs, such as livestock exhibits housing pigs at fairs or in pig barns. This can be further transferred human to human through sneezing or coughing of an infected person, much like common flu.
* CDC recommends the use of oseltamivir or zanamivir for the treatment or prevention of Swine flu infection. Antiviral drugs are prescription medicines (pills, liquid or an inhaler) that fight against the flu by keeping flu viruses from reproducing in your body. For treatment, antiviral drugs work best if started soon after getting sick (within 2 days of symptoms).
* People with Swine flu virus infection should be considered potentially contagious up to 7 days from the onset of the illness. Children, especially younger children, might remain contagious for longer periods.
* As there is no vaccine available right now to protect against Swine flu, readers are urged to follow these everyday steps to protect themselves:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you get sick with influenza, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
For more information, visit the official CDC Website
Here is an emergency update video on Swine flu
Post Source: CDC Official Website